Permits & Waivers


​Researchers are responsible for obtaining the necessary permits from the appropriate agencies (California Fish and Wildlife, US Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Land Management, US Forest Service, National Park Service, etc.) before arriving at the reserve. Research on wild vertebrates must also be coordinated through UC Santa Barbara’s Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)

Waiver of Liability

All reserve visitors must sign a waiver of liability prior to visiting the reserve. Waivers for minors must be signed by the parent or legal guardian. It is the responsibility of the group leader (the lead person on the RAMS reservation) to insure that waivers for all individuals in the group are signed and submitted to the reserve director prior to arrival.